,

BOHS Asbestos Roadshows

BOHS Asbestos Roadshows now complete Thanks to all those who attended the Asbestos Roadshow events. For those who couldn’t make the dates the slides are available on the BOHS website Click Here London Roadshow Manchester Roadshow If…
, ,

Probe as workers exposed to asbestos at council depot

The Health and Safety Executive has launched an investigation after workers were exposed to asbestos at an Aberdeen council depot Asbestos in Kincorth depot Open bags of roofing material covered in asbestos were found by workers beginning…
, ,

Eating asbestos as a child leaves woman fighting rare cancer at the age of 23

A young woman was devastated to learn she had developed a mystifying asbestos-related cancer which affects male builders aged over 75 The only explanation 23-year-old Danielle Smalley can think of is that she must have eaten some of the…
,

Worker killed in horror Newmains gas explosion ‘should never have been allowed to enter blast site’

Asbestos remover Pawel Urbanski, document.write(""); 23, died in hospital and trainee pal Courtney Clinton, 26, is still fighting for life after the tragedy at a derelict convent - Newmains gas explosion A WORKER killed in a horror…
, ,

More than 30 workers exposed to asbestos in Sydney Opera House renovations, union says

At least 35 electricians working on renovations at the Sydney Opera House have been exposed to potentially deadly asbestos, document.write(""); according to the Electrical Trades Union (ETU) Workers walked off the job on Monday after…
,

Widow of asbestos cancer victim seeks answers as hidden disease claims 500 Scots lives a year

WALKING his daughter down the aisle, document.write(""); Richard Elliott could not have looked any happier. The guests would never have guessed just how ill he was – or that his wife was carrying a letter in her handbag that no one…
,

Concern at almost 100 accidents in one year at Woodford Green recycling centre

A councillor has spoken up about safety concerns at a rubbish tip, document.write(""); after a Redbridge Council employee allegedly dumped asbesdos and a hot exhast pipe almost caused a fire Chiwell Road dump. Picture Google Maps Councillor…
, ,

Terminally ill local man to sue former employer over asbestos exposure claim

The company’s HQ, Stephen House. A dying Tayside man is suing his former employer after claiming he was exposed to asbestos at work and became terminally ill as a result. Alexander Darling, of Muirend Road, Perth, has raised the action…