Allen & York
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Fire professional to join a housing association with over 6000 properties in London and surrounding areas. Reporting into the Fire Manager and working as part of a wider team you will be responsible for carrying out and delivery of a programme of fire risk assessments across a diverse range of housing stock.
Key responsibilities will include: –
- You will lead on undertaking comprehensive type 4 intrusive risk assessments as required in order to ascertain if active and passive fire safety provisions comply with regulations.
- Coordination of contractors and surveyors required to support destructive inspections as part of the type 4 risk assessment ensuring that all making good work complies with the fire strategy and or regulations.
- Identify all fire related risks and issues across the portfolio and design, post inspect necessary remedial actions.
- Ensure that fire risk actions allocated to you are updated, managed and progressed to completion in line with the timescales allocated.
- Support operational departments to ensure that residents, staff and other stakeholders are aware of fire evacuation strategies in their buildings.
- Provide fire training to relevant operational teams as required.
Knowledge requirement: –
It is essential that you have extensive experience of working in a Fire Safety role previously, with experience in social housing, undertaking type 4 risk assessments and undertaking estate inspections and compliance checks to provide a high level of scrutiny.
Qualification requirement: –
- Level 4 Diploma in Fire Safety or equivalent
- Nebosh certificate in fire (FC1/ FC2) or equivalent
- ASFP Level 3 in Passive Fire Protection
- FDIS Diploma or Equivalent
- Membership of Third Part Accreditation Scheme – IFE/IFSM or equivalent
- Knowledge of active and passive fire protection systems
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com