Charles Hughes Ltd. (PORTWEST), a leading global manufacturer of outdoor clothing and workwear is currently seeking applications for the position of Garment Developer for its Outdoor Clothing Range based in our headquarters in Salford, Manchester. Portwest is one of the fastest growing workwear companies in the world currently employing over 4,600 staff worldwide, with customer service staff in over 130 countries. We design, manufacture and distribute market leading outdoor clothing and workwear, safety wear and PPE.
OVERVIEW OF DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in the development of the Portwest Outdoor Clothing range – rainwear, fleeces, watersports, footwear & accessories including some customer special projects or limited workwear lines.
- Assist the Senior Manager in the technical and constructive elements of all products under their remit.
- Create full technical specifications for products.
- Arrange category fit sessions ensuring fit logs and update or create sizing charts
- Drive the development of products in your assigned category from design to final sealed sample.
- Manage project critical path expectations.
- Conduct competitor research & respond to queries from Portwest Area Sales Managers and customers.
- Visits to overseas suppliers and/or trade shows if required.
- Arrange for garment, print or trim testing wherever necessary.
- Liaise with our production sample rooms on amendments, providing technical support wherever necessary throughout the development process to ensure that all products achieve the brief, fit and quality standard.
- Inspect and fit pre-production and production samples to make sure all products are made correctly within production deadlines.
- Communicate with overseas suppliers to identify and solve problems before they impact on production.
- Monitor and track production until it is delivered to the warehouse.
- Assist in providing quotes on products to customers and general administration
- Must be proficient in Adobe Illustrator, Indesign, Photoshop and Excel.
- Degree level qualification in fashion/ product design or related education and experience.
- 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Strong knowledge and interest in the Outdoor Clothing Industry.
- Good cost and market awareness
- Experience working with overseas factories an advantage
- Strong knowledge of technical fabrics an advantage
WHAT TO DO NOW
Please apply with an up-to-date CV and portfolio (with examples of garment specs) in your application.
IMPORTANT – Applications without a portfolio will not be considered. Should you have difficulty submitting a portfolio for whatever reason please email Careers@Portwest.com and we will happily assist.
To apply for this job please visit portwest.bamboohr.com.