Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Health & Safety Advisor to join our Rail Power systems business. This role will provide HSES advise, covering various London Underground Infrastructure projects, Network Rail projects and factory and depots located in Hereford, Chesterfield and Glasgow.
The role will predominantly be London based, with the requirement to travel to the other depots every 3-4 weeks. A company car is provided with this role.
The Health & Safety Advisor will provide support and advice to the operational teams on all aspects of health and safety to ensure the project is compliant with legal and company requirements and driving a safety culture of continual improvement.
What you’ll be doing
As a Health and Safety Advisor, you will have the following accountabilities:
- Support the Programme Director / Operations Lead to ensure the project is compliant with the health and safety requirements of the UK Business Management System (BMS)
- Support and promote delivery of UK and Group Zero Harm Action Plans
- Support the Head of HSES a in achieving Zero Harm objectives
- Collaboratively engage with both internal & external Customers including the Supply Chain
- Support, (as required) work winning teams with quality HSES responses for bids, proposals and PQQs
- Embed a culture where health is treated like safety
- Challenge the norm by innovating and improving the way we work, whilst keeping pace with industry change and promote successes
Who we’re looking for
You will have the following qualities and experience:
- Health and Safety Qualifications – Attained relevant NEBOSH Certificate, NVQ (Level 4/5 or comparable)
- Coaching skills
- Ability to influence and promote a positive HSES culture
- Competent in incident & accident investigation
- Good understanding of CDM 2015 – Roles and Responsibilities
- Demonstrate commitment to continual learning to refine, further develop and apply expertise to add distinctive value to customers and Balfour Beatty
- Broad experience of construction and civils projects
- Ability to engage and converse at all levels
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver some of the UK’s most ambitious, exciting and meaningful projects; developing, building and maintaining the vital infrastructure that supports national economies and strengthens communities.
Why join us?
As if contributing to and supporting work that makes life better for millions wasn’t rewarding enough, we offer a full range of benefits too. You’ll have the freedom to shape the package that’s right for you and your life. Here are some of our key benefits:
- Smart working, giving you more flexibility such as staggered start and finish times, with up to 40% remote working, where roles allow.
- 25 days paid annual leave (pro rata)
- Family friendly policies which include 28 weeks full pay for maternity/adoption leave and four weeks full pay for paternity/partners leave
- Pension, share incentive plan, volunteering leave, recognition schemes and much more…
Balfour Beatty Group Enabling Functions are Legal, Finance, IT and Procurement, Communications, Health Safety and Environment, HR and Sustainability. Together, they support delivery of our Build to Last strategy whilst improving efficiencies and standardising our approach, systems and processes.
Diversity and inclusion
At Balfour Beatty we believe that diversity and inclusion are essential components of any successful, happy workplace. Through our Value Everyone Diversity and Inclusion Strategy and Action Plan, we are growing our diverse workforce and developing our inclusive culture where everyone is able to thrive and reach their full potential, regardless of their identity or background. To find out how we are making this a reality, visit www.balfourbeatty.com/diversityandinclusion
We are a Gold Award holder in the Ministry of Defence ‘Employer Recognition Scheme’ and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.
As a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to working with people who have disabilities and long-term health conditions to remove barriers for them in obtaining employment. We are also committed to offering applicants with a disability an interview if they meet the minimum requirements for the role. For more info, visit: https://disabilityconfident.campaign.gov.uk/
We are looking to continually improve our resourcing process and ensure that it is fair and inclusive for all. If you have any feedback on the process, please share this with us at: email@example.com
To apply for this job please visit uk.indeed.com.