Ricoh is a global technology business. As a company born in print, we design and manufacture graphic solutions that transform communications. To keep up with the pace of change in the workplace, we have built an extensive portfolio of innovative, industry-leading digital services spanning everything from Cloud & IT infrastructure solutions to process automation tools.
Everything we do is designed to help individuals achieve fulfilment through work. Through technology, we make work smarter and more creative. Enabling people to lead purposeful working lives and organisations to become more productive, sustainable and profitable.
What you will be doing
To work collaboratively with the Health and Safety Team carrying out day to day H&S activities to ensure compliance of H&S practices, driving a H&S People First Culture and proactively sharing their knowledge and experiences to help improve the overall H&S at Ricoh.
- To proactively apply the IS45001 standard updating and improving the OH&S management system to reflect where RUK is as a business today and the work activities that it undertakes, this includes all policies, procedures, legal registers and all other associated documents to be reviewed and brought up to date.
- To work closely with the Health and Safety Manager to manage and implement all Risk Assessments and Safe systems of work activity to ensure they are of a good quality, completed within a reasonable timeframe and sufficient in terms our standards.
- To manage the administration and co-ordination of all RUK H&S documentation is available to all employees via the sharepoint folder on the Ricoh Intranet to ensure transparency, guidance and clarity around any Health Safety queries. (All documents to be up to date and in PDF format. Policies, procedures, risk assessments, method statements, COSHH documents.)
- To support the Health and Safety manager in driving a Health Safety First culture across the business, creating more consciousness around H&S practices, manager and employee responsibilities across all areas of Ricoh UK to ensure we are living safety first culture.
- To perform audits/reviews on different areas of the business to determine where H&S performance currently sits and implement corrective to actions to address these areas.
- To manage the due diligence of sub-contractor information to ensure they have all documentation in place. Following the recently implemented supplier assessment procedure that ensures contractors have required competence to undertake work on RUK’s behalf. (This will include all new and existing suppliers. Vodafone have 45 high risk suppliers alone.)
- To understand the impact in retaining H&S accreditations such as ISO 45001, CHAS and Safecontractor. SSIP and escalate any areas to the Health and Safety manager where there are any H&S concerns that could impact these accreditations.
You will ideally have
- Good understanding of H&S legislation
- Previous experience with OH&S management systems (ISO45001).
- Ability to develop and implement high quality risk assessments and safe systems of work.
- Confident in providing practical solutions in relation to H&S
- Qualification: NEBOSH General Certificate or higher
We receive a high volume of applications for our roles, so we encourage you to apply as soon as possible
In return for your commitment, you can expect
We’re looking for individuals with values and causes, strengths and weaknesses, passions and ideas. Bring your unique energy, and we’ll match it with opportunities to create the future.
In return for your commitment, we can offer you:
- Flexible and hybrid working in line with role requirements
- An inclusive workplace
- Excellent package with solid basic, strong bonus and company benefits including:
- A competitive holiday entitlement, two days special leave per annum for volunteering, additional holiday purchase scheme
- Flexible retirement plan
- Wellbeing schemes to support your physical, emotional and financial health including Employee Assistance Programme, financial protection, life cover and will writing, medical protection, gym, travel and retail discounts, and more.
- Company car / car allowance (role-specific), cycle to work scheme
- Career development and life-long learning opportunities
- Opportunity to join a global company
To apply for this job please visit careersatricoh.com.