PORTWEST, a leading global manufacturer of safety wear, workwear and PPE is currently seeking applications for the position of Junior Product Manager Footwear based in our new flagship office in Salford Quays, Manchester. Portwest is one of the fastest growing workwear companies in the world currently employing over 4500 staff worldwide, with customer service staff in over 130 countries. We design, manufacture, and distribute market leading workwear, safety wear and PPE in fully owned production facilities.
As the Junior Product Manager Footwear, you will assist in managing products in our footwear range, for global markets You will work towards becoming a product expert and provide technical support for the range, working closely with our global sales teams. We have had extensive growth over the past number of years, and we are looking for you to join to continue this growth trajectory.
- Assist the product team in the technical and constructive elements of all products falling under their responsibility
- Manage product specifications for all products under their control
- Respond to queries from the sales team
- Build awareness of legislative changes and work with the team to ensure all products are fully compliant with the appropriate legislation
- Carry out competitor research under supervision
- Work to tight deadlines to ensure they are met in a timely manner
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
To become the Junior Product Manager Footwear, you will need:
- Ideally 2 years + experience in a Footwear Product Management position
- Relevant degree qualification in design, Industrial Product Design, Buying or Merchandising
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment,
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator
- Motivated to grow a product category at a double-digit level,
- High attention to detail
- The ability to travel as per business need in non-COVID-19 times
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
We offer an attractive base salary commensurate with experience.
- EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2017
- Exporter of the Year 2018
- Private Irish Business of the Year Export Industry Awards 2019
- Safety Awards Customer Service Winner 2016
- All Stars Export Business of the Year 2017
To apply for this job please visit portwest.bamboohr.com.