PORTWEST, a leading global manufacturer of safety wear, workwear and PPE is currently seeking expressions of interest for the position of Product Developer to join our Safety Clothing team based in our headquarters in Westport, Co Mayo. Portwest is one of the fastest growing workwear companies in the world currently employing over 4500 staff worldwide, with customer service staff in over 130 countries. We design, manufacture, and distribute market leading workwear, safety wear and PPE in fully owned production facilities.
- Drive the development of products in your assigned category from design to final sealed sample
- Work closely with the Senior Product Manager and Product Manager, ensuring that weekly WIP reports are maintained and correct
- Arrange category fit sessions ensuring fit logs are maintained and updated after all sessions.
- Work with fabric development team, sourcing and testing fabrics and trims and arranging for fabrics and trims to be available for the factories to manufacture all sample requirements,
- Manage project critical path expectations,
- Visits to overseas suppliers and/or trade shows if required
- Arrange for garment, print, or trim testing wherever necessary
- Liaise with our production sample rooms on amendments, providing technical support wherever necessary throughout the development process to ensure that all products achieve the brief, fit and quality standard,
- Inspect and fit pre-production and production samples to make sure all products are made correctly within production deadlines,
- Communicate with overseas suppliers to identify and solve problems before they impact on production,
- Monitor and track production until it is delivered to the warehouse,
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
To become the Product Developer, you will need:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Degree level qualification in fashion/product design or related education and experience,
- Must be proficient in Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, and Excel,
- Ability to thrive in a fast pace environment,
- Previous experience of dealing with overseas suppliers/factories
WHAT YOU WILL RECEIVE
We offer a competitive package working with an experienced and driven team. You will be supported with training and opportunity for future career development.
WHAT TO DO NOW
Please apply today with an up-to-date CV and cover letter outlining your experience relating to this position – apply here
- EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2017
- International and Overall Winner of EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2017
- Irish Exporter of the Year 2018
- Private Irish Business of the Year Export Industry Awards 2019
- Safety Awards Customer Service Winner 2016
- All Stars Export Business of the Year 2017
To apply for this job please visit portwest.bamboohr.com.