PORTWEST, a leading global manufacturer of safety wear, workwear and PPE is currently seeking applications for the position of Product Manager Gloves based in our new flagship Salford Quays, Manchester office. Portwest is one of the fastest growing workwear companies in the world currently employing over 4500 staff worldwide, with customer service staff in over 130 countries. We design, manufacture, and distribute market leading workwear, safety wear and PPE in fully owned production facilities.
Reporting to the Category Manager, as the Product Manager Gloves, you will product manage a sub-category of the Portwest Hand Protection range working in collaboration with the gloves team. You will be the product expert and provide technical support for the range, working closely with the global sales teams. We have had extensive growth over the past number of years, and we are looking for you to join to continue this growth trajectory.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Understand the market need and trends for gloves, utilising research skills, voice of the customer and internal market intelligence feeds,
- Focus on the continued growth of the gloves offer annually, with an emphasis on generating revenue from newly introduced products,
- Furthering new product development, managing the product lifecycle cradle to grave, utilising a mix of internal, external resources and supplier innovation to defeat the competition,
- Support the education of the sales and commercial teams with respect to training them on the product line and developing educational collateral and thought leadership material,
- Manage regulatory compliance for the product line,
- Demonstrate strong negotiation skills to expand margin through challenging price.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
As the Product Manager Gloves, you will ideally need:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a Product Management position, working within Industrial PPE is desirable
- Knowledge and experience of industrial safety gloves is highly desirable,
- Degree qualified, or alternatively specific PPE industry related experience.
- Ability to thrive in a fast pace environment,
- Motivated to grow a product category at a double-digit level,
- Someone who is prepared to take ownership of a range and be accountable for it in its entirety,
WHAT YOU WILL RECEIVE
We offer a competitive package working with an experienced and driven team. You will be supported with training and opportunity for future career development. An opportunity for a blended remote working routine may be available,dependent on experience and location.
WHAT TO DO NOW
Please apply today with an up-to-date resume and cover letter outlining your experience relating to this position.
EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2017
International and Overall Winner of EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2017
Irish Exporter of the Year 2018
Private Irish Business of the Year Export Industry Awards 2019
Safety Awards Customer Service Winner 2016
All Stars Export Business of the Year 2017
To apply for this job please visit portwest.bamboohr.com.