PORTWEST, a leading global manufacturer of safety wear, workwear and PPE is currently seeking expressions of interest for the position of Product Manager Safety Clothing based in our flagship new office in Salford Quays, Manchester. Portwest is one of the fastest growing workwear companies in the world currently employing over 4500 staff worldwide, with customer service staff in over 130 countries. We design, manufacture, and distribute market leading workwear, safety wear and PPE in fully owned production facilities.
As the Product Manager in our safety clothing team you will manage one of our technical ranges. These ranges include Flame Resistance, High Visibility, Rain wear. You will be the product line expert and provide technical support for the range, working with the product champion teams ensuring fast response and execution against our delivery promise. We have had extensive growth over the past number of years, and we are looking for you to join to continue this growth trajectory.
Among your key responsibilities will include:
- Understand the market need and trends for the product line, utilising research skills, voice of the customer and internal market intelligence feeds,
- Focus on the continued growth of the product line annually, with an emphasis on generating revenue from newly introduced products,
- Manage new product development for the product line, manage the product lifecycle cradle to grave, utilising a mix of internal, external resources and supplier innovation to defeat the competition,
- Define the product road map and product strategy (growth, operational excellence & enhanced customer journey) to feed into and align with the overall Portwest company strategy,
- Manage the education of the sales and commercial teams with respect to training them on the product line and developing educational collateral and thought leadership material,
- Manage regulatory compliance for the product line,
- Demonstrate strong negotiation skills to expand margin through challenging price.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
To become the Product Manager, you will need:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a product management position,
- Relevant Degree qualification
- Experience working with a technical product range such as Flame Resistance, High Visibility or other similar products would be a distinct advantage,
- Ability to thrive in a fast pace environment,
- Motivated to grow a product category at a double-digit level,
- Someone who is prepared to take ownership of a range and be accountable for it in its entirety,
WHAT YOU WILL RECEIVE
We offer a competitive package working with an experienced and driven team. You will be supported with training and opportunity for future career development.
WHAT TO DO NOW
Please apply today with an up-to-date CV and cover letter outlining your experience relating to this position.
- EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2017
- International and Overall Winner of EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2017
- Irish Exporter of the Year 2018
- Private Irish Business of the Year Export Industry Awards 2019
- Safety Awards Customer Service Winner 2016
- All Stars Export Business Of The Year 2017
To apply for this job please visit portwest.bamboohr.com.