We are committed to transforming lives through technology enabled care services, blending the expertise in our monitoring centre with the latest digital technology being created by ourselves and our partners. As the UK’s largest telecare monitoring and digital equipment provider, we support over 300,000 vulnerable people in our communities to live safer, happier, and more enriched lives.
Our journey of supporting housing, health and social care dates back to 24th June 1988 when we took our first emergency call from our Head Office in New Milton, Hampshire. With a team of just five employees, we were pioneers for emergency monitoring within the housing sector. Over the next decade our business grew considerably as did our team.
The Appello Group now consists of many brands, including, Appello and Careline365, all are equally pivotal in our continued growth and commitment to improving the safety and wellbeing of our communities.
Today, we operate from multiple locations across the UK, with offices in Hampshire, Wiltshire, and Norfolk, and a team of remote workers all over the UK.
Risk & Compliance Manager
Hours: 35hrs per week
Shift pattern: Monday – Friday 09:00-17:00
Salary: £30,000 – £40,000 per annum dependant on experience
Location: New Milton, Hampshire with requirement to travel to our other offices in line with operational needs (offices include Norwich, Bracknell, Chippenham & Preston)
Start date: ASAP
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Private medical insurance for Self
- We offer you discounts on everything from groceries and shopping through to holidays, insurance, days out, restaurants and more
- 24/7 employee assistance programme
- Family and friends’ discounts on our services & products
- Pension Scheme, up to 4% Company matched
- Life assurance 2x annual salary
The Risk & Compliance Manager is to ensure that the Appello Group, its employees, and its projects comply with all relevant regulations and specifications. This could include health and safety, environmental, legal, or quality standards, as well as any ethical policies that Appello may have.
- To ensure office procedures and working practices are followed. To also ensure that these are regularly reviewed and updated as necessary in accordance with the Quality Management System
- Developing risk management strategies
- To be able to analysis reports, audit outcomes, non-conformances and investigate root causes.
- To write and distribute documents that educate others on how to improve compliance
- Following up on compliance issues that require investigation
- To stay informed of all relevant regulations and standards.
- To be the point of contact for all standards, certification bodies, auditors, assessors etc..
- To ensure that the Appello Group operates with in the procedures set out in those standards.
- To administer and manage all accreditations and certifications, including but not limited to CHAS, Safecontractor, SMAS, ISO9001, ISO14001 & ISO27001
- To administer and manage the Appello Groups, CSR (corporate social responsibility) and ESG (Environmental Social Corporate Governance) policies and procedures
- To be a member of the H & S committee, to advise and guide on our H & S compliance
- To review and advise on any facilities related regulations, audits such as, fire risk assessments, legionella risk assessments.
- Maintain the confidentiality of information about customers, employees and other business services in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
- To liaise with third party providers on all Appello Group compliance activities.
- To create, manage and maintain the Group master documents spreadsheet, ensuring compliance across all departments
- To manage and review relevant Group policies, such as governance and compliance policy.
- Experience working in a similar compliance role in a busy multi site office
- Experience preparing for and leading external assessments
- Experience preparing and interrogating business reports
- Ability to contribute ideas, suggestions and feedback to improve the service/products and to identify, lead and implement service improvement projects
- Experience with internal stakeholder engagement
- Experience using a range of communication platforms to engage employees with compliance regulations
Qualifications & Training
- An education to either GCSE Grade A-C including Maths and English , ‘O’ level standard or NVQ level 2/3
- A bachelor’s degree in law, finance, business administration or other related fields.
- Intermediate Microsoft365 apps, including Outlook, Excel, Word, Planner, Teams, Sharepoint
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise a varied workload in a fast pace environment
- “can do” attitude
- Ability to adapt to changes within the company
- Good communication both written and verbal
- Ability to work under pressure
- To use initiative in problem solving
- Reliable and hard working
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to think outside the box to deliver results.
Ready to join our team?
If you are keen to find out more and have the necessary skills, please apply now with your up to date CV and don’t forget to register and complete the online assessments!
We are committed to equal opportunities and welcome applicants regardless of religious beliefs, political opinion, race, sex, marital status, age or disability.
If you require assistance to participate in the recruitment process, for example due to disability, please contact the recruitment team on 01425 626337.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £30,000.00-£40,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free flu jabs
- Health & wellbeing programme
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Private medical insurance
- Referral programme
- Sick pay
- Work from home
Work Location: In person
To apply for this job please visit cezanneondemand.intervieweb.it.