PORTWEST, a leading global manufacturer of safety wear, workwear and PPE is currently seeking applications for the position of Technical Sales Manager for our flame resistant range in the UK. You must have an in-depth technical knowledge of flame resistant and is passionate about sales & supporting customers to grow to their full potential. Portwest is one of the fastest growing workwear companies in the world currently employing over 4500 staff worldwide, with customer service staff in over 130 countries. We design, manufacture and distribute market leading workwear, safety wear and PPE in fully owned production facilities.
As the Technical Sales Manager for our flame resistant products, you will bring your PPE or industrial sales experience to drive Portwest flame resistant sales across the UK. We have had extensive growth over the past number of years and we are looking for you to join to continue this growth trajectory. You can be based anywhere in the UK, ideally central UK as this role is national and travel would be involved. Among your key responsibilities will include:
- Drive and increase sales growth of FR across the UK
- Work closely with the Regional Sales Manager to develop a strategy and market plan to maximise opportunities and drive growth of our FR range
- Identify opportunities to grow the range at both distributor and end-user level
- Provide technical advice and expertise to Portwest distributors, prospects and end users and develop long-term relationships with these groups
- Join Portwest distributors on sales calls to end users to support them with your technical knowledge and expertise
- Deliver technical training to distributors and end users both in person and online
- Identify areas for improvement for our FR range and work with the Product Development team to develop product solutions
- Act as a point of contact for FR related queries from our Area Sales Managers, distributors and end users
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
To become the Technical Sales Manager for FR in the UK you will need:
- Experience in technical sales in an industry such as PPE, automotive, power tools, chemicals or other similar products
- Ability to advise and train distributors, end users and our Area Sales Managers
- Experience developing growth strategies for products in a territory or region
- Desire to learn more about gloves so you can become an expert over time
- You must have your own car and drivers licence to visit distributors and end users
WHAT YOU WILL RECEIVE
We offer a competitive package commensurate with experience. You will receive extensive gloves product training through our online learning platform and weekly webinars with our Product Managers. You will join an established team who understand our products, sales approach and target market.
WHAT TO DO NOW
Please apply today with an up-to-date CV and cover letter outlining your experience relating to this position. Ideally, applications will be in English language.
- EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2017
- Ibec KeepWell Mark 2019-2021
- Great Place to Work 2019-2020
- Deloitte Best Managed Companies 2016-2019
- Exporter of the Year 2018
- Private Irish Business of the Year Export Industry Awards 2019
- Safety Awards Customer Service Winner 2016
- All Stars Export Business of the Year 2017
To apply for this job please visit portwest.bamboohr.com.