Increase workplace safety with a world-class Lockout/Tagout solution from a single supplier.
Easily de-energise machines during maintenance to prevent accidents related to moving machine parts and any type of machine energy. Manufacturers worldwide use solution from Brady Corporation to optimise existing, and to implement complete Lockout/Tagout programmes that maximise workplace safety and protect employees. There are 7 reasons Brady is the preferred partner in Lockout/Tagout projects. Check them out!
What is Lockout/Tagout?
Lockout/Tagout is a safety procedure that temporarily isolates machinery from all energy sources, and that secures this de-energised state while machine interventions are ongoing. It enables safer machine interventions and helps avoid accidents caused by moving parts or premature machine energisation.
The main principle of Lockout/Tagout is “one person, one lock, one key”. Every padlock in a Lockout/Tagout programme has a unique key, which is kept by the person intervening on a machine. This effectively enables relevant employees to protect their own safety. Master and Grandmaster keys are possible, however their use is best restricted and usually part of strict procedures performed by Safety or Site managers.
An Experienced, Global Partner
Brady Corporation is one of the largest suppliers of Lockout/Tagout solutions. We work with both large and nimble companies to advance Go for Zero ambitions and compliance in workplace safety anywhere in the world. We offer our global experience back to our customers by harnessing all worldwide best practices and custom solutions in our Lockout/Tagout offer to help prevent any maintenance accident caused by machine energy or moving machine parts.
A Complete Lockout/Tagout Implementation from A to Z with Brady:
- Best-in-class lockout procedures:
– No time to set up safe Lockout/Tagout procedures? Invite a Brady Safety Engineer to identify all machine energy isolation points and create illustrated, machine specific, world-wide best practice Lockout/Tagout procedures for your approval.
- Optimal procedure management:
– The process of managing, creating, updating, reviewing, scaling and communicating visually instructive lockout procedures becomes a matter of clicks.
- Block access to any energy control point:
– Temporarily block access to valves, buttons, fuses and any energy isolation point with our complete range of dedicated Lockout/Tagout devices.
- Best safety padlocks in the world:
– Effectively secure the isolated state of your machines during maintenance with our unique SafeKey padlocks that offer 700% more lock and key options for elaborate, futureproof lockout programmes.
- Reliably identify every lockout:
– Easily communicate about ongoing maintenance interventions with reliable Lockout/Tagout tags that can be delivered to, or created at your premises with our safety printers.
- Practical lockouts:
– Make Lockout/Tagout even more practical and efficient using our wide range of clever accessories.
- Easily distribute lockout tools:
– Highlight the right solutions for specific lockouts, and encourage tool returns to the right location with our custom shadow boards.
Draw Inspiration from Our Free Guidebook “Enable Safer Machine Interventions”
Lockout/Tagout prevents workplace accidents by completely and temporarily isolating machinery from its energy sources. When implemented well, it stops machine movement and machine energisation while interventions are ongoing.
Use this guide for ideas on how to implement or strengthen your Lockout/Tagout programme, or contact us for answers to any questions you may have.
Visualise and Manage your Safety Procedures with Link360
One of the biggest challenges in maintaining a safe facility is information management. There are Lockout/Tagout procedures, confined space permits, maintenance schedules and other important documents. They all need to be regularly updated and reviewed. Link360™ Software is the first software to give you a complete view of the activities associated with creating, reviewing and updating visual information.
Link360 Software enables users to create, scale, update and validate visually instructive safety procedures. The software provides an easy way to keep safety procedures accurate, compliant and sustainable in multiple facilities.
The Smart Lockout App sends the most recently approved, and relevant Lockout/Tagout procedures from LINK360 to the smartphones of coworkers servicing specific machines. Via their smartphone, coworkers receive one lockout instruction at a time and can confirm its completion before receiving the next step. The smart lockout app can send a report back to LINK360 including all lockout procedure steps marked as completed.
Brady Corporation is an international manufacturer and marketer of complete solutions that identify and protect people, products and places. Brady’s products help customers increase safety, security, productivity and performance and include high-performance labels, signs, safety devices, printing systems and software. Founded in 1914, the company has a diverse customer base in electronics, telecommunications, manufacturing, electrical, construction, medical, aerospace and a variety of other industries.