BSIF are delighted to announce the Water Pollution Prevention Award is now open for entries.
The award, supported by the Environment Agency, the Scottish Environmental Protection Agency and Natural Resources Wales recognises the efforts made by business to protect the environment and ensure that all water pollution risks are managed in an effective and efficient way. The Water Pollution Prevention Award is a fantastic opportunity for your environmental efforts to be recognised, providing great PR both inside your business and to the wider market.
The award is open to all businesses and organisations operating in the UK.
Entrants must demonstrate a detailed understanding of their working environment in relation to preventing incidents that could lead to the pollution of the water environment, surface water* or groundwater** highlighting:
- Potential pollution risks / hazards identified
- The consequences of not preventing pollution incidents
- What improvement changes were made to business operations and how these were implemented
- Training of staff including Health & Safety
- Potential for replication
* Surface waters include rivers, lakes, lochs, loughs, reservoirs, ponds, streams, canals, ditches, including those that are temporarily dry, estuaries and coastal waters up to three miles offshore.
** Groundwater is all water below the surface of the ground in the saturation zone and in direct contact with the ground or subsoil.
The Water Pollution Prevention Award will be based upon a submitted case study demonstrating how your company managed the risk of incidents that could lead to the pollution of the water environment, surface water or groundwater.
Once your company has registered you will be supplied with a template to enable you to submit your information and case study. The case study will go before an independent judging panel who will then create a short list of the entries.
The winners will be announced during the Contamination & Geotech Expo event on 14th—15th September 2022. in This will be held at the NEC, Birmingham.
The entry deadline is Friday 22nd July 2022. Entry to the Water Pollution Prevention Award is free of charge.
To enter or learn more about the award please view the brochure below: